BELIEVE THE MATH BEHIND IT!
could save withSPEEDdraw®
Enter the number of field measurers used to service your customers.
Enter part time employees as .25, .50 or .75
Enter the number of dxf files created by all of the field measurers in a day
Enter the average amount of time it takes to create a dxf file using your digital templating system. Excludes set up time and Customer time.
Enter the average hourly rate (do not include taxes and benefits) of your field measurer
Enter the number of CAD draftsmen used to create your CAD files/final shop tickets.
Enter part time employees as .25, .50 or .75
Enter the number of dxf files that are converted final CAD/shop tickets by your CAD draftsmen in a day
Enter the average amount of time it takes to convert the dxf file from the field measurer and complete a final CAD/shop ticket
Enter the average hourly rate (do not include taxes and benefits) of your CAD draftsman
This is the cost of labor of just the measuring portion of the field measurer’s role. We multiplied the total number of jobs measured per day by the average minutes spent measuring per job. We then divided that number by 60 minutes to get the total hours spent. We took the total hours, multiplied it by the average hourly rate times 22 work days per month times 12 months per year.
This is the cost of labor for your CAD draftsman to take a dxf file to complete shop ticket. We multiplied the total number of dxf files converted to final shop tickets per day by the average minutes to complete each job. We then divided that number by 60 minutes to get the total hours spent. We took the total hours, multiplied it by the average hourly rate times 22 work days per month times 12 months per year.
This is your total annual labor costs for field measure and draftsman
Taxes & Benefits savings on the labor reduction recognized by SPEEDdraw
Material and labor savings based on reducing just one (1) error/remake/mistake per month at a cost of $1,000 per issue
Labor savings based on SPEEDdraw’s creation of G-code files
SAVES TIMESPEEDdraw® automates the basic tasks of creating a drawing a final dxf drawing, professional shop ticket, quality control document and G-Code ready files
- 90% fewer “clicks” required to create layers and colors in AutoCAD or any digital measuring device
- “One Click” to fillet corners, complete polylines, add dimensions. Another click creates a DXF file which is G-code ready for machine programming, including a file which offsets material for tooling
- Fewer “clicks” to add scribe tabs (relief cuts), splashes with dimensions, finish symbols or text, annotations of tops & splashes, labels on all pieces, professional shop ticket
- Quick “clicks” to add seams (euro, straight, user-defined), radii, sinks & cook top cut outs
- Simple sink template and cook top insertion
- Process many counter tops at one time. The more you process, the faster the software performs
REDUCES MISTAKESSPEEDdraw® identifies lines and dimensions automatically. Auto inserts sinks/cook tops at center point and parallel to front edge.
- Reduces potential for grabbing the wrong line or point while calculating dimensions
- Defined work flow process ensures nothing is missed in the process (i.e. forgotten edge profile or missing overhang)
- Reduces mistakes when inserting sinks or cook tops, relating to cut outs being off-center or not parallel to the front edge of the counter top
- Automatically inserts a seam in the exact middle of a corner, regardless of the corner angle is not 90 degrees
- Aligns seams parallel to the front edge of the counter top, regardless of the inside corner angle
SAVES LABORSPEEDdraw® simplifies the overall drawing process to help reduce labor costs.
- Reduces labor cost by reducing the time field measurers need to spend at the job site completing drawings, ultimately narrowing their requirements to digitally measuring only the cabinets
- Simplifies the role of the CAD draftsman by making the drawing process easier and automated
- SPEEDdraw® makes training new employees (field measurer and CAD draftsman) much easier and allows them to be productive more quickly
We have been using SPEEDdraw® and the impact on our CAD department has been tremendous. Our folks are getting drawings done in half the time it took before SPEEDdraw® . This has not only expanded the capacity of our department without adding employees, but it has made the CAD engineer’s job easier. We now have the ability to hire less experienced CAD engineers and get them up to speed faster with this software.
Once you see this software, its ability to reduce time required to complete a CAD drawing becomes obvious. Automating so many of the manual clicks is an instant time saver. In addition, the other big benefit that we have seen with SPEEDdraw® is a reduction in the drawing errors that our team was making. Specifically, with the way SPEEDdraw® handles the sink cut-outs and the cook-top cutouts it dramatically reduces the likelihood of an error. Unfortunately, when we make an error it’s typically costly and requires a counter top to be remade. Reducing errors in our department has had a positive impact across our business.
I love this tool! Can’t imagine going back to completing drawings without SPEEDdraw® very simple add-on to AutoCAD is amazingly powerful. I am getting drawings done in half the time it used to take and the time savings are even greater on the bigger jobs. In fact, the more tops on the job the more time I save! And best of all - it only took a couple hours of training to really understand how to use it. This software is a CAD engineer’s best friend!
At first, I was skeptical that SPEEDdraw® would have the direct impact on our business that we expected. In reality, the results have exceeded my expectations and the positive impact has affected our organization more broadly than I expected. We estimate that SPEEDdraw® is saving our CAD department almost 70% of time required to complete a drawing. This significant time savings allows us to get jobs into production more quickly and installed in a shorter lead time. Reducing those lead times not only helps with customer satisfaction but allows us to invoice those jobs more quickly improving cash flow.
As a business owner, I am constantly trying to find ways to reduce labor costs, become more efficient and improve the bottom line. SPEEDdraw® was a tremendous solution for our business and our bottom line. Easy to implement, we realized improved productivity and significant labor savings virtually from Day 1. Our CAD engineers are getting twice as many jobs done in the same timeframe and our field measurers are spending less time finalizing drawings. I would highly recommend SPEEDdraw® to any counter top fabricator looking to improve their bottom line.